UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

lighting

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
igotatank
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Favorite Fish: : Most Saltwater Fish

lighting - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: lighting   lighting - Page 2 Icon_minitime11/5/2009, 1:05 pm

First topic message reminder :

what is a good retro fit kit to use? the dimesion of my tank are 72"L x 19"W x 24"H. looking to mount it under my canopy. I plan having corals and anemones in the tank. T5 lighting would be good with led for my moon lighting right?
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
igotatank
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

lighting - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: lighting   lighting - Page 2 Icon_minitime11/14/2009, 7:18 am

okay. my tank is 18" 72" long. i also have to think about wattage to.
Back to top Go down

lighting - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: lighting   lighting - Page 2 Icon_minitime11/14/2009, 2:29 pm

igotatank wrote:
okay. my tank is 18" 72" long. i also have to think about wattage to.

dont worry about wattage at all. the reason for this is that bulb types differ and when pet shops talk wattage they are wasting your time if you know anything about lighting, wattage is teh power the bulbs use not how much light they put out. ok lets look at this logically, no bulb is 100% energey efficient. if a bulb was 100% energey efficent it would give off no heat at all and be super bright, so lets compare a 150 watt mh bulb to a 54 watt T5HO bulb. they are different watts 150 Vs. 54, and LFS's claim you need MH lighting to keep corals well you dont, although teh T5 bulb (48" 54 watt) is only 54 watts you must remember that watts are not actual light output.

like i said before it is your tank, choose which lighting looks and works best for your application, in my case it is T5HO due to price and performance. if you go T5's you would need a 4 bulb setup on your tanks unless you go retrofit and them you may need more to stagger the bulbs but you can get 72" fixtures but i think they are 8 bulb setups which would definatley give full coverage of your tank.

if you have any other questions feel free to ask, i will help you if i can.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

lighting - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: lighting   lighting - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

lighting
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2