UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLog inRegisterFAQ
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.

Calculating fish numbers

Go down 
AuthorMessage
sallywally
Private First Class
Private First Class

Favorite Fish: : Tons - freshwater, no cichlids or salt yet. I have these tanks: 30 gal - tetras (neon, bloodfin, diamond, one Bosemani rainbow female
20 gal high - 6 choprae danio, cycling, mostly done
10 gal quarantine - 1 turquoise, 1 macie and 2 dwarf Rainbows, 3 black kuhli loarches quarantine from a tank that had gotten sick; will go into my community tetra tank and the 20 high when all is confirmed to be ok.
Have set up my 20 gal long for an oranda goldfish; she'd be in there now if the store hadn't dropped her and now we don't know if she'll make it....look to put two orandas in my 40 breeder when I get it set up!
Also looking at getting a 27 gal cube and stand on sale and Petsmart but don't know where I'd put it!

Calculating fish numbers Empty
PostSubject: Calculating fish numbers   Calculating fish numbers Icon_minitime12/18/2012, 2:09 pm

My 55 gal tank is all set up and has had fish and plants in it for some time. I haven't completed my plan yet and now wonder if I've gone too far already:

3 kuhli loaches
4 otocinclus
3 julii corys
3 redeye tetra - and a baby who's probably going to grow to maturity, so 4 redeye tetra
2 diamond tetra (1 male, 1 female)
4 sunset platys (1 male, 2 female)
1 bloodfin tetra
5 praecox (dwarf neon) rainbows all males
1 female bosemani rainbow
2 Celebes rainbow (1 male, 1 female)

So here's the thing. I bought 4 more Celebes (2 male, 2 female) and want that school in the tank.
I wanted to get 1-3 more otos, 2 more Julii corys and 2 more kuhli loaches also to give them more comfortable groups.

Right now I can't put any of the extras in another tank because I had to move my two new orandas (2 1/2 inches each) out of my 40 breeder because Penelope did not like having them in there and I had to put them back in my 20 long. So no tetra in there!

Any thoughts? I thought I read somewhere that the bottom feeders didn't count as much because they clear some of the biological load. Is this true?
Back to top Go down
BFinley
Admin
Admin
BFinley

Favorite Fish: : Frontosa and Red Tail Catfish and All Africans

PostSubject: Re: Calculating fish numbers   Calculating fish numbers Icon_minitime12/18/2012, 8:52 pm

What type of filteration do you have? usafishbox

**********USAfishbox.com*************

Calculating fish numbers CMSIG

Calculating fish numbers CAST-Sig

Say hello to my little friend

usafishbox usafishbox usafishbox usafishbox
Back to top Go down
sallywally
Private First Class
Private First Class

Favorite Fish: : Tons - freshwater, no cichlids or salt yet. I have these tanks: 30 gal - tetras (neon, bloodfin, diamond, one Bosemani rainbow female
20 gal high - 6 choprae danio, cycling, mostly done
10 gal quarantine - 1 turquoise, 1 macie and 2 dwarf Rainbows, 3 black kuhli loarches quarantine from a tank that had gotten sick; will go into my community tetra tank and the 20 high when all is confirmed to be ok.
Have set up my 20 gal long for an oranda goldfish; she'd be in there now if the store hadn't dropped her and now we don't know if she'll make it....look to put two orandas in my 40 breeder when I get it set up!
Also looking at getting a 27 gal cube and stand on sale and Petsmart but don't know where I'd put it!

PostSubject: Re: Calculating fish numbers   Calculating fish numbers Icon_minitime12/18/2012, 9:27 pm

An Aqua Clear 70 gal. I had considered changing to two 50s to keep the filtration going on both ends. The 70 is a pretty big mass of water going back into the tank!
Back to top Go down
BFinley
Admin
Admin
BFinley

Favorite Fish: : Frontosa and Red Tail Catfish and All Africans

PostSubject: Re: Calculating fish numbers   Calculating fish numbers Icon_minitime12/19/2012, 3:26 pm

Its always best to over filter your tank!Now if you like alot of fish in your tank like I do then its best to double your filteration!I have a AC 110 and 2 hydro 4's sponge filters on my 55g with about 60 african cichlids ranging from 2" to 6" and the water is fine!I do water changes every 2 weeks!I would say if you want to add more then up your filterration,buts its up to you! usafishbox

**********USAfishbox.com*************

Calculating fish numbers CMSIG

Calculating fish numbers CAST-Sig

Say hello to my little friend

usafishbox usafishbox usafishbox usafishbox
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Calculating fish numbers   Calculating fish numbers Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Calculating fish numbers
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
UsaFishBox :: :: Freshwater Aquaria :: General Freshwater Fish Discussion-
Jump to: