UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

September Fish Of The Month

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
strawman1985
strawman1985

Favorite Fish: : Jack Dempsey...Red Tail Shark... Severum... Raphael Cat...Cardinals...Cory's... Hy511's There are many more as well

September Fish Of The Month Empty
PostSubject: September Fish Of The Month   September Fish Of The Month Icon_minitime9/6/2012, 12:28 am

September Fish Of The Month Redtai10

The Red Tail shark is one of my favorite fish of all time. I have heard many horror stories about how mean they are and how they stress tank mates greatly. They do chase the others a little but no worse than how tiger barbs and some tetras chase each others. In my experience if the tank mates are larger the sharks do not mess with them.
With him I have the following:
Pearl Gourami
Snakeskin Gourami
Rainbows
Cory Cats
3 serpae tetra
5 hy511 tetras
7 phantom tetras
7 blackskirts

The only one's he messes with are the the hy511's as they are the smallest in the tank, but they get away easily.

PH of 6.5-7.5

Temp. 73°F - 79°F (23°C - 26°C) Mine is around 82 degrees

They can live 5-8 years and you will want a big tank. Mine is a 55 gallon and I would hesitate to go smaller, but a 40 breeder might would work. These fish can reach 6 inches. I have had mine 15 months and he is a lil over 4 inches long.

Food/Diet Omnivore and primarily a scavenger. They will go after most of what you put in the tank including flakes, live and freeze dried foods. Mine enjoys shrimp pellets and some algae.

UNLESS YOU HAVE A HUGE TANK DO NOT GET MORE THAN ONE OR HAVE ONE WITH A RAINBOW SHARK OR BLACK SHARK!!!

Back to top Go down
sassynurse2
sassynurse2

Favorite Fish: : 2 Clown Loaches...
Blue Dolphins 10.

PostSubject: Re: September Fish Of The Month   September Fish Of The Month Icon_minitime9/6/2012, 3:06 pm

That is a beautiful lil shark....
Back to top Go down
strawman1985
strawman1985

Favorite Fish: : Jack Dempsey...Red Tail Shark... Severum... Raphael Cat...Cardinals...Cory's... Hy511's There are many more as well

PostSubject: Re: September Fish Of The Month   September Fish Of The Month Icon_minitime9/6/2012, 8:18 pm

That one isn't mine as mine is too stubborn to sit still for a good pic but they are awesome fish!
Back to top Go down
D.Gray
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
D.Gray

Favorite Fish: : live ones.. And shrimp.

PostSubject: Re: September Fish Of The Month   September Fish Of The Month Icon_minitime9/7/2012, 4:39 am

hey Strawman, for a pic of yours run your ISO up to 800 and use trailing flash (the flash fires as the shutter closes instead of when it opens.

This will freeze his motion. and should get you a decent photo (you may have to increase your shutter speed to around 1/180 of a second or faster and open up your aperature).

Dave
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: September Fish Of The Month   September Fish Of The Month Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

September Fish Of The Month
Page 1 of 1