UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

Any one breeding Zebra Maison reef ?- Please share your experience

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Fish Heaven
Private
Private

Favorite Fish: : Peacocks, Mbuna's, Freshwater Angelfish and red dragon Flowerhorns.

Any one breeding Zebra Maison reef ?- Please share your experience Empty
PostSubject: Any one breeding Zebra Maison reef ?- Please share your experience   Any one breeding Zebra Maison reef ?- Please share your experience Icon_minitime8/30/2012, 7:20 pm

I am interested in breeding these fish and would like for someone to share their experience breeding. How many in breeding group? Size of tank and number of fish; water and temperature requirements. Is it Ok to mix other fish when breeding? Any help is greatly appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Who
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Any one breeding Zebra Maison reef ?- Please share your experience   Any one breeding Zebra Maison reef ?- Please share your experience Icon_minitime8/30/2012, 11:54 pm

I breed with a ratio of one male to 12 females and use 4 males and 50 females in a vat. Vat size is 15 ft by 30 ft and 15 inches deep. Each corner hs a cave made from bricks. Water is hard and high in PH.
Back to top Go down
khrister
USA Fishbox Sponsor
khrister

Favorite Fish: :
Cyphotilapia
Cyprichromis
Mbunas
Fancy PL*CO

PostSubject: Re: Any one breeding Zebra Maison reef ?- Please share your experience   Any one breeding Zebra Maison reef ?- Please share your experience Icon_minitime8/31/2012, 9:20 am

I have a 1M/6F ratio in a mixed Mbuna tank (150g) they breed constantly. I don't do anything special with my tap water at 7.6ph except chlorinate it. Temp is at 78-80. HTH
Back to top Go down
Fish Heaven
Private
Private

Favorite Fish: : Peacocks, Mbuna's, Freshwater Angelfish and red dragon Flowerhorns.

PostSubject: Re: Any one breeding Zebra Maison reef ?- Please share your experience   Any one breeding Zebra Maison reef ?- Please share your experience Icon_minitime8/31/2012, 11:52 am

Thank you for the replies. HTH - this question is for you. How many fishes are there in your 150 gal Mbuna tank? What other fishes or how many tank mates are there? Do you have a substrate, rocks, caves etc... What is your set up like? Appreciate your response.
Back to top Go down
khrister
USA Fishbox Sponsor
khrister

Cyphotilapia
Cyprichromis
Mbunas
Fancy PL*CO

PostSubject: Re: Any one breeding Zebra Maison reef ?- Please share your experience   Any one breeding Zebra Maison reef ?- Please share your experience Icon_minitime8/31/2012, 4:57 pm

HTH stands for hope this helps BTW lol!!!

I got about 40 fishes in the mbuna tank
Demasoni
Long pelvic galireya reef
Likoma frost
Albino cobue
Blueberry slims
Petrotilapia ruarwe (I know they are not mbuna lol)

Sand substrate with lots of rocks.
I think I have a post here of the setup just look it up.
Back to top Go down
Fish Heaven
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: Any one breeding Zebra Maison reef ?- Please share your experience   Any one breeding Zebra Maison reef ?- Please share your experience Icon_minitime8/31/2012, 5:54 pm

Thank's Khrister for the info. Ha, ha lol! Beautiful mbuna's line up. Very hard to have in my place. I'll look for your pics. TaB - ( Thank a Bunch! )
Back to top Go down
Fish Heaven
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: Any one breeding Zebra Maison reef ?- Please share your experience   Any one breeding Zebra Maison reef ?- Please share your experience Icon_minitime3/20/2013, 12:35 pm

Just an update. I did successfully bred these fish 3 months after I made this post. I had 2 males and 6 females in a 75 gal tank. The dominant male did breed with one of the females and I got 37 fries out of her. These maisoni reef are really beautiful fish. So thank you for all the persons who gave me their input. BTW, all fries are all out.
Back to top Go down
CHANCEMC
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: Any one breeding Zebra Maison reef ?- Please share your experience   Any one breeding Zebra Maison reef ?- Please share your experience Icon_minitime4/22/2013, 9:37 pm

Any one have Maison Reef Zebra or fry for sale and would you be willing to ship ?
Back to top Go down
khrister
USA Fishbox Sponsor
khrister

Cyphotilapia
Cyprichromis
Mbunas
Fancy PL*CO

PostSubject: Re: Any one breeding Zebra Maison reef ?- Please share your experience   Any one breeding Zebra Maison reef ?- Please share your experience Icon_minitime4/22/2013, 9:51 pm

Shipping to where? I have about 30-40 juvies. I can ship via SwaCargo.
Back to top Go down
CHANCEMC
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: Any one breeding Zebra Maison reef ?- Please share your experience   Any one breeding Zebra Maison reef ?- Please share your experience Icon_minitime4/22/2013, 10:33 pm

CLE- Cleveland. Southwest goes to Cleveland. Want to send me an email to Chancewmcmillan@hotmail.com.
Back to top Go down
meltonters
Private
Private

PostSubject: interested   Any one breeding Zebra Maison reef ?- Please share your experience Icon_minitime4/8/2014, 8:16 am

khrister wrote:
Shipping to where? I have about 30-40 juvies. I can ship via SwaCargo.

are these f1 or... im interested as well
and could you ship to 24017 thanks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any one breeding Zebra Maison reef ?- Please share your experience   Any one breeding Zebra Maison reef ?- Please share your experience Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Any one breeding Zebra Maison reef ?- Please share your experience
Page 1 of 1