UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.

40 gallon breeder

Go down 
+6
Holey Rock of Texas
Dr. Who
Mr. Jumperstein
sassynurse2
KingBichir
strawman1985
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
strawman1985
strawman1985

Favorite Fish: : Jack Dempsey...Red Tail Shark... Severum... Raphael Cat...Cardinals...Cory's... Hy511's There are many more as well

40 gallon breeder - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: 40 gallon breeder   40 gallon breeder - Page 5 Icon_minitime7/13/2012, 6:52 pm

First topic message reminder :

I just got home with my 40 gallon breeder...Its gonna be an african cichlid tank unless I am told that it is not big enough. Any thoughts, ideas?
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Holey Rock of Texas
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 40 gallon breeder   40 gallon breeder - Page 5 Icon_minitime8/8/2012, 12:12 pm

it is super thin!!!!!
Back to top Go down
strawman1985
strawman1985

Favorite Fish: : Jack Dempsey...Red Tail Shark... Severum... Raphael Cat...Cardinals...Cory's... Hy511's There are many more as well

PostSubject: Re: 40 gallon breeder   40 gallon breeder - Page 5 Icon_minitime8/8/2012, 12:15 pm

Very cool, I hope it is as good as the T5.
Back to top Go down
Holey Rock of Texas
Admin
Admin
Holey Rock of Texas

Favorite Fish: : shellys

PostSubject: Re: 40 gallon breeder   40 gallon breeder - Page 5 Icon_minitime8/8/2012, 12:46 pm

i did the math and the watts are the same some the cost of running is identical to my current t5 nova extreme 2 bulb fixture. i will place the next next to one another on my 125 and see if there is difference. the LED will last a lot onger without having to replace the bulbs to.
Back to top Go down
Holey Rock of Texas
Admin
Admin
Holey Rock of Texas

PostSubject: Re: 40 gallon breeder   40 gallon breeder - Page 5 Icon_minitime8/8/2012, 6:48 pm

I don't feel the blue is strong enough to really make your cichlids pop. They do work great for my new stand I made with 12 x 10 gallon tanks. I think I might order 2 or 3 more since these are not show tanks and the cichlid juvies do not and will not pop anyways.
Back to top Go down
strawman1985
strawman1985

PostSubject: Re: 40 gallon breeder   40 gallon breeder - Page 5 Icon_minitime8/8/2012, 9:17 pm

Do you think that light would be ok for a planted tank though?
Back to top Go down
strawman1985
strawman1985

PostSubject: Re: 40 gallon breeder   40 gallon breeder - Page 5 Icon_minitime8/10/2012, 4:14 pm

Bought 3 pictus today! :)
Back to top Go down
Holey Rock of Texas
Admin
Admin
Holey Rock of Texas

PostSubject: Re: 40 gallon breeder   40 gallon breeder - Page 5 Icon_minitime8/17/2012, 10:42 am

do not buy the LED's from the guy in the link. total trash!!! i purchased 3 lights in total on tuesday (1 T5 and 2 LED). then today i get an email saying they dont have the LED's and the order will be cancelled. total trash as it should have been done soon or something of that nature at least!!!! long story short do nto buy from tonsofgoodies
Back to top Go down
strawman1985
strawman1985

PostSubject: Re: 40 gallon breeder   40 gallon breeder - Page 5 Icon_minitime8/17/2012, 10:44 am

I had looked up diff buyers on there. That is ridiculous telling you so late. So much for customer service right?
Back to top Go down
Holey Rock of Texas
Admin
Admin
Holey Rock of Texas

PostSubject: Re: 40 gallon breeder   40 gallon breeder - Page 5 Icon_minitime8/17/2012, 11:00 am

yeah thats why i am mad about it lol
Back to top Go down
strawman1985
strawman1985

PostSubject: Re: 40 gallon breeder   40 gallon breeder - Page 5 Icon_minitime8/17/2012, 11:01 am

Well a negative feedback is in his future I believe. lol
Back to top Go down
Holey Rock of Texas
Admin
Admin
Holey Rock of Texas

PostSubject: Re: 40 gallon breeder   40 gallon breeder - Page 5 Icon_minitime8/17/2012, 11:33 am

yeah 100% so lol.
Back to top Go down
strawman1985
strawman1985

PostSubject: Re: 40 gallon breeder   40 gallon breeder - Page 5 Icon_minitime9/15/2012, 12:21 pm

Well I added 3 pictus yesterday after waiting many weeks to make sure the ICK was all gone. I also did not know that Pictus were from South America, and now I am considering a south american central american type set up... I havent decided either way yet so who knows.
Back to top Go down
BFinley
Admin
Admin
BFinley

Favorite Fish: : Frontosa and Red Tail Catfish and All Africans

PostSubject: Re: 40 gallon breeder   40 gallon breeder - Page 5 Icon_minitime9/15/2012, 12:35 pm

Do you have any updated pics of the 40B? usafishbox
Back to top Go down
strawman1985
strawman1985

PostSubject: Re: 40 gallon breeder   40 gallon breeder - Page 5 Icon_minitime9/15/2012, 2:56 pm

No, it really hasnt changed much...I am hopefully gonna get a light soon, and now debating on some plants and wood if I am going to make it a central south america setup.
Back to top Go down
D.Gray
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
D.Gray

Favorite Fish: : live ones.. And shrimp.

PostSubject: Re: 40 gallon breeder   40 gallon breeder - Page 5 Icon_minitime9/15/2012, 3:11 pm

if I may make a suggestion on the lighting...

If I remember correctly the "breeder" tanks are not as high as a regular or tall tank therefore a good light would be the Coralife Twin tube T5 fixture (takes the T5 flourescent bulbs which are 5/8ths inch diameter.

Get either a twin tube or one with four tubes as you can put the actinic bulbs (accent the blues and red and also give a spectrum good for plants) and the 10000k bulbs which are a full spectrum light and give you the "white" light and also are good for plants.

I am thinking a twin tube would work for you as the twin tubes on my 20 regular tanks work great for growing plants that require moderate to high lighting (Madigascar Lace for example), and the Twin Tube 48 inch fixture on the 75 gallon (48 x 24 x 24) is good for low to moderate light plants (the difference being the water depth.

Dave
Back to top Go down
strawman1985
strawman1985

PostSubject: Re: 40 gallon breeder   40 gallon breeder - Page 5 Icon_minitime9/15/2012, 7:11 pm

That sounds like a great light fixture but I am a wee bit low on dough so I will be probably get a deep blue pro t-5 fixture. it comes with 2 bulbs. one set up has a 10000k bulk and a 6400k bulb.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Who
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: 40 gallon breeder   40 gallon breeder - Page 5 Icon_minitime9/16/2012, 12:37 am

strawman just buy you some generic SHOP lights that sell for around $15.00 They will work just fine until you cab efford better lights.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 40 gallon breeder   40 gallon breeder - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

40 gallon breeder
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5