UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLog inRegisterFAQ
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.

covering bulk head holes

Go down 
AuthorMessage
plantedtankdude
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
plantedtankdude

Favorite Fish: : all of them along with mermaids and me I'm a Pisces.

covering bulk head holes Empty
PostSubject: covering bulk head holes   covering bulk head holes Icon_minitime4/25/2012, 6:12 pm

how hard is it to patch up with glass holes that have been drilled for bullheads... i have a custom bulk tank that has 5 drilled holes in it. i want to patch them up, or just 3 of them so I can have just one drain and two returns. do i need to put the glass on the inside or the outside?
Back to top Go down
plantedtankdude
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
plantedtankdude

PostSubject: Re: covering bulk head holes   covering bulk head holes Icon_minitime4/26/2012, 2:14 am

Dr. Who wrote:
As a Republican I would answer you but. Find a libitard to answer your question. Ask your DOG eating leader for an answer since we are to stupid to know. Sorry I won't help.

crazy covering bulk head holes 196631

what type of BULL shizzz answer is that.. who cares if I'm a republican, centralist, or democrat... why don't you pull your finger out of your @$$ and be a humanist, and help other hobbyist, if your not going to help answer questions then take your self to another fish forum.
Back to top Go down
TheGodParticle
Sergeant
Sergeant
TheGodParticle

Favorite Fish: : Dats, Geo's, Fronts, Pikes. I collect the rare stuff!

PostSubject: Re: covering bulk head holes   covering bulk head holes Icon_minitime4/26/2012, 3:40 am

Silicone the glass on the inside that's how I would approach it, that way the water pressure is pushing on the entire glass and not on extra pieces that are on the outside of the glass that could potentially pop off under enough pressure.
Back to top Go down
plantedtankdude
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
plantedtankdude

PostSubject: Re: covering bulk head holes   covering bulk head holes Icon_minitime4/26/2012, 5:30 am

TheGodParticle wrote:
Silicone the glass on the inside that's how I would approach it, that way the water pressure is pushing on the entire glass and not on extra pieces that are on the outside of the glass that could potentially pop off under enough pressure.

Thank you for being awesome and answering my question. hope you have a great day.
covering bulk head holes 265353 usafishbox

oh and dr. who since your a republican how about answering this one about what a republican said!
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/25/phil-bryant-mississippi-governor-abortion_n_1453583.html?ncid=edlinkusaolp00000009
Back to top Go down
wblueus
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Favorite Fish: : cichlids

PostSubject: Re: covering bulk head holes   covering bulk head holes Icon_minitime4/26/2012, 12:08 pm

covering bulk head holes 858205
Back to top Go down
plantedtankdude
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
plantedtankdude

PostSubject: Re: covering bulk head holes   covering bulk head holes Icon_minitime4/26/2012, 6:38 pm

Dr. Who wrote:
Sorry I can't answer your question from the huffington puffington post. I can't lean enough the right to keep from falling over to the left as I read the libitard trash. Abortion is murder. Take my hand not my life.

oh I'm sorry, that you are nothing but a waste of trash..

sorry it gets to me when people won't think, or use logic and reasoning. then it also gets to me when this is a fish forum, and people like dr. who at like complete douches.
thanks to all who have been helpful..

Last edited by plantedtankdude on 4/28/2012, 12:30 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Kasshan
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Kasshan

Favorite Fish: : Kribensis

PostSubject: Re: covering bulk head holes   covering bulk head holes Icon_minitime4/26/2012, 7:10 pm

wow good to know. always put patches on the inside so the pressure works for you, not against you.
Back to top Go down
jesse1189
Private
Private
jesse1189

Favorite Fish: : cichlids

PostSubject: Re: covering bulk head holes   covering bulk head holes Icon_minitime4/27/2012, 11:10 am

yea it is i would put one on both sides just to be safe

i dont see y people write something just to fight if u can answer the ? or tell him who might help him stay out of it stop being a jerk
Back to top Go down
khrister
USA Fishbox Sponsor
khrister

Favorite Fish: :
Cyphotilapia
Cyprichromis
Mbunas
Fancy PL*CO

PostSubject: Re: covering bulk head holes   covering bulk head holes Icon_minitime4/28/2012, 9:06 am

Id put bulk head and plug it.

**********USAfishbox.com*************

"Opinions are like buttholes. Everybody has one and everyone thinks everyone else's stinks."

Visit me on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=lf#!/profile.php?id=100001118876489

Last edited by khrister on 4/30/2012, 3:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
plantedtankdude
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
plantedtankdude

PostSubject: Re: covering bulk head holes   covering bulk head holes Icon_minitime4/29/2012, 9:52 pm

khrister wrote:
Id put buk head and plug it.

that works too, just trying to save money. I was quoted 15-22 each for each bulk head. is there a way i could go to home depot and get pluming parts to cap it?
Back to top Go down
TheGodParticle
Sergeant
Sergeant
TheGodParticle

Favorite Fish: : Dats, Geo's, Fronts, Pikes. I collect the rare stuff!

PostSubject: Re: covering bulk head holes   covering bulk head holes Icon_minitime4/29/2012, 11:01 pm

[/quote]

that works too, just trying to save money. I was quoted 15-22 each for each bulk head. is there a way i could go to home depot and get pluming parts to cap it?[/quote]

Ouch... You have an expensive LFS.... At one of my local saltwater shops I can get em for about $7.50 a piece.
Back to top Go down
khrister
USA Fishbox Sponsor
khrister

Cyphotilapia
Cyprichromis
Mbunas
Fancy PL*CO

PostSubject: Re: covering bulk head holes   covering bulk head holes Icon_minitime4/30/2012, 3:58 pm

plantedtankdude wrote:
khrister wrote:
Id put buk head and plug it.

that works too, just trying to save money. I was quoted 15-22 each for each bulk head. is there a way i could go to home depot and get pluming parts to cap it?

Jehmco has the cheapest Bulk head I seen so far for a 1" bulk head I think you can get each for like $6 check his website http://www.jehmco.com/html/bulkhead_fittings.html

"Opinions are like buttholes. Everybody has one and everyone thinks everyone else's stinks."

Visit me on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=lf#!/profile.php?id=100001118876489
Back to top Go down
76dragon
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: covering bulk head holes   covering bulk head holes Icon_minitime5/3/2012, 8:50 pm

Get some plexilglass and silicone the holes.

Back to top Go down
khrister
USA Fishbox Sponsor
khrister

Cyphotilapia
Cyprichromis
Mbunas
Fancy PL*CO

PostSubject: Re: covering bulk head holes   covering bulk head holes Icon_minitime5/3/2012, 9:44 pm

76dragon wrote:

Bad advice lol! Wassup dude. I said bad advice since silicone does not bond well with acrylic. Glass is silica and caulk is silicone.

Last edited by khrister on 5/4/2012, 12:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sassynurse2
sassynurse2

Favorite Fish: : 2 Clown Loaches...
Blue Dolphins 10.

PostSubject: Re: covering bulk head holes   covering bulk head holes Icon_minitime5/3/2012, 10:03 pm

khrister wrote:
76dragon wrote:

Bad advice lol! Wassup dude. I said bad advise since silicone does not bond well with acrylic. Glass is silica and caulk is silicone.

Agree!!!!

covering bulk head holes 395554 covering bulk head holes CMSIG
Back to top Go down
plantedtankdude
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
plantedtankdude

PostSubject: Re: covering bulk head holes   covering bulk head holes Icon_minitime5/4/2012, 11:31 am

this is a glass tank, and not acrylic.
Back to top Go down
Txredneck
Sergeant
Sergeant
Txredneck

Breeder of
Discus
Angels
Rams
S.A. Cichlids

PostSubject: Re: covering bulk head holes   covering bulk head holes Icon_minitime5/4/2012, 7:43 pm

76dragon wrote:

Im not goin to start a fight But you can patch the holes with plexilglass and silicone on glass or plexilglass and if you dont think so come to my house and tell me you cant . Joey you have seen the 150 with patch on the bottom

so 76Dragon you right
Back to top Go down
plantedtankdude
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
plantedtankdude

PostSubject: Re: covering bulk head holes   covering bulk head holes Icon_minitime5/5/2012, 6:08 pm

sweet so now I will just need to find some plexiglass.
Back to top Go down
76dragon
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: covering bulk head holes   covering bulk head holes Icon_minitime5/12/2012, 7:39 pm

Txredneck wrote:
76dragon wrote:

Im not goin to start a fight But you can patch the holes with plexilglass and silicone on glass or plexilglass and if you dont think so come to my house and tell me you cant . Joey you have seen the 150 with patch on the bottom

so 76Dragon you right

I know I am right cause I do it all the time.

Back to top Go down
Txredneck
Sergeant
Sergeant
Txredneck

Breeder of
Discus
Angels
Rams
S.A. Cichlids

PostSubject: Re: covering bulk head holes   covering bulk head holes Icon_minitime5/13/2012, 7:57 pm

76dragon wrote:
Txredneck wrote:
76dragon wrote:

so 76Dragon you right

I know I am right cause I do it all the time.

Me Too I've been doing it for a long time
So we are RIGHT
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: covering bulk head holes   covering bulk head holes Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

covering bulk head holes
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
UsaFishBox :: :: SaltWater Aquaria :: (DIY) Do It Yourself Projects-
Jump to: