UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLog inRegisterFAQ
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.

sick or dying carpet anemone

Go down 
AuthorMessage
hpolascik
Private
Private

Favorite Fish: : My spinny puffer fish! I love all my saltwater fish but spinny is my favorite

sick or dying carpet anemone Empty
PostSubject: sick or dying carpet anemone   sick or dying carpet anemone Icon_minitime4/12/2012, 8:57 pm

i have a beige carpet anemone that has not eaten in a while and has scrunched up (shrunken) to about half his size and unfooted himself a couple of days ago. His mouth looks like a it has a zigzag pattern to it and his teneicles are shrunken and do not feel sticky. Is he dying or could he be splitting? Is there anything I can do for him to prevent him from dying? Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Back to top Go down
S&FW_FishyFriend
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
S&FW_FishyFriend

Favorite Fish: : Currently so into Reef it's not even funny! Missed having saltwater, now that I've got it again---- STOKED!

sick or dying carpet anemone Empty
PostSubject: Re: sick or dying carpet anemone   sick or dying carpet anemone Icon_minitime4/13/2012, 4:38 pm

Once an anemone loses its sticky and no longer holds onto anything with it's foot, then it is pretty much a sealed deal, it is, unfortunately, dead. Shrinking of the tentacles can be a normal reaction to changes in the tank, etc. There isn't anything that can be done to aid an ailing anemone once the sticky is lost, to my knowledge.
Back to top Go down

sick or dying carpet anemone
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
UsaFishBox :: :: SaltWater Aquaria :: General Saltwater Disc.-
Jump to: