UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

how to clean canister filter hoses????

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
wblueus
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Favorite Fish: : cichlids

how to clean canister filter hoses???? Empty
PostSubject: how to clean canister filter hoses????   how to clean canister filter hoses???? Icon_minitime3/26/2012, 12:26 pm

was wondering if anyone has any ideas how to clean inside the hoses connected to my canister filter? I see build up inside them i bought some stuff that you put in the water and it suppose to clean it but i see no diff...I do not want to disconnect them to clean them...Any ideas or do i not need to worry about it???
Back to top Go down
Holey Rock of Texas
Admin
Admin
Holey Rock of Texas

Favorite Fish: : shellys

PostSubject: Re: how to clean canister filter hoses????   how to clean canister filter hoses???? Icon_minitime3/26/2012, 5:16 pm

i take a brush like seen in the pic below. tie some string to one end with a fishing weight. then a feed the line through the tube and pull the brush through.

how to clean canister filter hoses???? Bong-o10
Back to top Go down
koolaid68
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
koolaid68

Favorite Fish: : Frontosa, Blood Parrots, OB's, Blue Dolphin, & Cichlids of all kinds.

PostSubject: Re: how to clean canister filter hoses????   how to clean canister filter hoses???? Icon_minitime3/27/2012, 1:29 am

good i had this same question last week with a guy at my lfs. And he said the exact same thing thing that Holey Rock said. so now i have some confirmation.
yes
Back to top Go down
Holey Rock of Texas
Admin
Admin
Holey Rock of Texas

PostSubject: Re: how to clean canister filter hoses????   how to clean canister filter hoses???? Icon_minitime3/27/2012, 12:32 pm

yeah i have done it in the past and it works great!!!
Back to top Go down
koolaid68
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
koolaid68

Favorite Fish: : Frontosa, Blood Parrots, OB's, Blue Dolphin, & Cichlids of all kinds.

PostSubject: Re: how to clean canister filter hoses????   how to clean canister filter hoses???? Icon_minitime3/27/2012, 2:51 pm

Great!! I am sure i will try it. I just bought a rena xp3 and the lines could use a cleaning. its not real bad or anything just enough to have asked the question and keep it in the back of my mind.
Back to top Go down
Holey Rock of Texas
Admin
Admin
Holey Rock of Texas

PostSubject: Re: how to clean canister filter hoses????   how to clean canister filter hoses???? Icon_minitime3/27/2012, 3:59 pm

yeah i hear yeah. i had a used filter i used it on was well. if you would have seen the tanks before i took them down you would know why i wanted to clean everything before placing my fish in then tank lol.

i have never seen tanks so bad. the two tanks running i did not even know had fish until i was draining to tank. you could not see into the tank and the bottom was covered with over 4" of waste. it was so discusting!!!!
Back to top Go down
Cheapomatic
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: how to clean canister filter hoses????   how to clean canister filter hoses???? Icon_minitime4/1/2012, 8:44 pm

Holey Rock of Texas wrote:
i take a brush like seen in the pic below. tie some string to one end with a fishing weight. then a feed the line through the tube and pull the brush through.

how to clean canister filter hoses???? Bong-o10

+1 what Holey rock says. There is no way to really clean it good without disconnecting it. I do what holey said but i got lazy and only clean up to the length of the brush without strings to pull to other side.
Back to top Go down
wblueus
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Favorite Fish: : cichlids

PostSubject: Re: how to clean canister filter hoses????   how to clean canister filter hoses???? Icon_minitime4/3/2012, 10:02 pm

I found a 5 foot long brush online lol and ordered it
Back to top Go down
D.Gray
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
D.Gray

Favorite Fish: : live ones.. And shrimp.

PostSubject: Re: how to clean canister filter hoses????   how to clean canister filter hoses???? Icon_minitime10/10/2012, 1:41 pm

A bore brush for a 12 guage shotgun will work. I use a bottle brush (for cleaning baby bottles) with the handle broken off and push it through the hose with a 3/8th diameter dowell.

Dave
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: how to clean canister filter hoses????   how to clean canister filter hoses???? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

how to clean canister filter hoses????
Page 1 of 1