UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

My 2 month old 75 gal Reef Tank

Go down 
+2
Dr. Who
S&FW_FishyFriend
6 posters
AuthorMessage
S&FW_FishyFriend
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
S&FW_FishyFriend

Favorite Fish: : Currently so into Reef it's not even funny! Missed having saltwater, now that I've got it again---- STOKED!

My 2 month old 75 gal Reef Tank Empty
PostSubject: My 2 month old 75 gal Reef Tank   My 2 month old 75 gal Reef Tank Icon_minitime3/9/2012, 5:22 pm

My 2 month old 75 gal Reef Tank 152icnq

Finally made our 75 gallon into a saltwater tank. Spent a lot of time planning this one out to make it easy and a quick start-up. I started with live sand (60 lbs live, 90 lbs "dead), about 75-90 lbs of live rock, stocked the refugium with Fiji Mud. I've been dosing the tank 3 times a week with AquaVitro Fuel. Started the tank with Kent's Purple Tech, now just using Seachem AquaVitro Calcification. I've dosed my refugium with Pods 4 times. It's only been set up since December 27th, 2011.

I've got:
2 Semi-Picasso Clowns
Starry Blenny
Hector's Goby
Highfin Perchlet
Firefish
Yellow Tang
2 Banggai Cardinals
Target Mandarin

Bubble Tip Anemone
Open Brain Wellsophyllia
Green Worm Brain
Pulsing Xenia
Frogspawn
Green Star Polyp
Pink Birds Nest
Galaxea
Colt Finger

I've got a quad T-5 fixture for lighting. A CPR Aquafuge Pro large with Fiji Mud, Chaetomorpha, and Protein Skimmer (Accela pump powered) with QuietOne 4000 return pump. I've got a DIY overflow and return pvc system.
My 2 month old 75 gal Reef Tank 2rffp1d
Back to top Go down
Dr. Who
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: My 2 month old 75 gal Reef Tank   My 2 month old 75 gal Reef Tank Icon_minitime3/9/2012, 7:06 pm

Nice tank
Back to top Go down
S&FW_FishyFriend
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
S&FW_FishyFriend

Favorite Fish: : Currently so into Reef it's not even funny! Missed having saltwater, now that I've got it again---- STOKED!

PostSubject: Re: My 2 month old 75 gal Reef Tank   My 2 month old 75 gal Reef Tank Icon_minitime3/9/2012, 7:07 pm

Thanks! I'm so obsessed with it right now.....
Back to top Go down
Dr. Who
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: My 2 month old 75 gal Reef Tank   My 2 month old 75 gal Reef Tank Icon_minitime3/9/2012, 7:13 pm

Looks good. Just keep the good work.
Back to top Go down
alkomist
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
alkomist

Favorite Fish: :

┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘
┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘

PostSubject: Re: My 2 month old 75 gal Reef Tank   My 2 month old 75 gal Reef Tank Icon_minitime3/12/2012, 4:24 pm

looking good.
might want to try and scape the rocks a lil different. you stacked them like it was a cichlid tank haha jk
what kind of skimmer are you running on this tank?
Back to top Go down
cwhip
cwhip

Favorite Fish: : Maroon clownfish,Tangs,bluespot jaw fish,Bangaii,Mandarins etc.......I love all fish really.

PostSubject: Re: My 2 month old 75 gal Reef Tank   My 2 month old 75 gal Reef Tank Icon_minitime3/12/2012, 5:11 pm

looks good, could use a lot more rock though. keep it up! and congrats!
Back to top Go down
BFinley
Admin
Admin
BFinley

Favorite Fish: : Frontosa and Red Tail Catfish and All Africans

PostSubject: Re: My 2 month old 75 gal Reef Tank   My 2 month old 75 gal Reef Tank Icon_minitime3/13/2012, 12:41 pm

Looks great! usafishbox
Back to top Go down
S&FW_FishyFriend
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
S&FW_FishyFriend

PostSubject: Re: My 2 month old 75 gal Reef Tank   My 2 month old 75 gal Reef Tank Icon_minitime3/13/2012, 9:19 pm

alkomist wrote:

might want to try and scape the rocks a lil different. you stacked them like it was a cichlid tank haha jk
Old habits die hard, lol

alkomist wrote:
what kind of skimmer are you running on this tank?

The skimmer came with the aquafuge pro (by cpr) it's the one powered by the accela pump (vs the rio)
Back to top Go down
alkomist
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
alkomist

Favorite Fish: :

┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘
┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘

PostSubject: Re: My 2 month old 75 gal Reef Tank   My 2 month old 75 gal Reef Tank Icon_minitime3/14/2012, 9:21 am

aw nice! i used to have that exact same one till i tore my 20 long reef down.:(
thing wroks pretty bada$$

in the 1st pic the water looks a lil clowdy...did you take it after a water change or somthin?
Back to top Go down
S&FW_FishyFriend
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
S&FW_FishyFriend

PostSubject: Re: My 2 month old 75 gal Reef Tank   My 2 month old 75 gal Reef Tank Icon_minitime3/15/2012, 11:06 am

alkomist wrote:
in the 1st pic the water looks a lil clowdy...did you take it after a water change or somthin?

I took both photos with my camera phone, so they aren't the best quality photos, but my water in this tank stays cloudy looking all the time. We have 5 cats that constantly lay on my t5 fixture and I'm always pulling cat hair out of the tank. Most of the time while I am looking at my tank I can see a piece of hair float by. It drives me crazy, but the fish nor the livestock seem to mind. I'm debating buying a canister filter just for that reason, but can't quite take the plunge. I wanted to add the api nexx filter. But just for asthetics... I'm having trouble justifying
Back to top Go down
S&FW_FishyFriend
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
S&FW_FishyFriend

PostSubject: Re: My 2 month old 75 gal Reef Tank   My 2 month old 75 gal Reef Tank Icon_minitime3/16/2012, 1:56 pm

After saying I'm not going to add a canister filter, I got to thinking about it..... I just had to buy the API nexx with the extension. Set it up this morning, I guess we'll see by tomorrow if it makes a big difference....
Back to top Go down
S&FW_FishyFriend
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
S&FW_FishyFriend

PostSubject: Re: My 2 month old 75 gal Reef Tank   My 2 month old 75 gal Reef Tank Icon_minitime3/17/2012, 10:52 pm

So, I've had the Nexx filter going for over 24 hours and now I guess it's time to compare:
Before:
My 2 month old 75 gal Reef Tank 152icnq

After:
My 2 month old 75 gal Reef Tank 2nremmt

So do you think there's a discernible difference?
Back to top Go down
Holey Rock of Texas
Admin
Admin
Holey Rock of Texas

Favorite Fish: : shellys

PostSubject: Re: My 2 month old 75 gal Reef Tank   My 2 month old 75 gal Reef Tank Icon_minitime3/19/2012, 2:39 am

good
Back to top Go down
S&FW_FishyFriend
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
S&FW_FishyFriend

PostSubject: Re: My 2 month old 75 gal Reef Tank   My 2 month old 75 gal Reef Tank Icon_minitime3/19/2012, 9:57 am

Updating the stock list:

NOW I've got:
2 Semi-Picasso Clowns
Starry Blenny
Hector's Goby
Highfin Perchlet
Firefish
Yellow Tang
2 Banggai Cardinals
Target Mandarin
6 Blue Green Chromis
Blue Assessor

Bubble Tip Anemone-----> Moved to another tank
Open Brain Wellsophyllia
Green Worm Brain
Pulsing Xenia
Frogspawn
Green Star Polyp
Pink Birds Nest
Galaxea
Colt Finger
Ritteri Anemone
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My 2 month old 75 gal Reef Tank   My 2 month old 75 gal Reef Tank Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My 2 month old 75 gal Reef Tank
Page 1 of 1