UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

driftwood and ph

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
wblueus
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Favorite Fish: : cichlids

driftwood and ph Empty
PostSubject: driftwood and ph   driftwood and ph Icon_minitime2/20/2012, 12:51 pm

Everytime i have ever used driftwood to lower the ph it only last about 6 months or so then the ph starts to rise again. This seems pointless to me if its only temporary and not permanent and it a hassle to get new driftwood every so many months. I dont use it anymore for ph purposes only for a decor.
Back to top Go down
plantedtankdude
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
plantedtankdude

Favorite Fish: : all of them along with mermaids and me I'm a Pisces.

driftwood and ph Empty
PostSubject: Re: driftwood and ph   driftwood and ph Icon_minitime2/20/2012, 1:05 pm

what's the ph coming out of your tap. the driftwood stops leaching out tannins. you can use almound leafs and ph lowering buffers...
Back to top Go down
wblueus
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Favorite Fish: : cichlids

driftwood and ph Empty
PostSubject: Re: driftwood and ph   driftwood and ph Icon_minitime2/20/2012, 1:18 pm

comes out around 7.5, im not trying to lower the ph anymore i was some time back for my blackskirt tetras but ive had the same ones for over 3 yrs in 8.4ph! And there doing great.
Back to top Go down
plantedtankdude
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
plantedtankdude

Favorite Fish: : all of them along with mermaids and me I'm a Pisces.

driftwood and ph Empty
PostSubject: Re: driftwood and ph   driftwood and ph Icon_minitime2/20/2012, 6:01 pm

oh okay cool.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

driftwood and ph Empty
PostSubject: Re: driftwood and ph   driftwood and ph Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

driftwood and ph
Page 1 of 1