UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLog inRegisterFAQ
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.

bulk heads and drilling a tank

Go down 
AuthorMessage
plantedtankdude
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
plantedtankdude

Favorite Fish: : all of them along with mermaids and me I'm a Pisces.

bulk heads and drilling a tank Empty
PostSubject: bulk heads and drilling a tank   bulk heads and drilling a tank Icon_minitime2/18/2012, 3:36 am

I got questions on drilling a tank, and different bulk heads... what size bulk heads would I need for a 30g... I'm thinking 3/4 drain, and 1/2 return. I was thinking bottom left on floor for drain, and top right for return. only think is power loss and return pump stop pumping wouldn't my tank keep on draining if I did that. where would be the best places for the drain, or what if I did a top left and top right drain bulk heads would I need?
Back to top Go down
Dr. Who
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: bulk heads and drilling a tank   bulk heads and drilling a tank Icon_minitime2/18/2012, 11:50 am

I think the smallest bulk head is 1 inch size. Also you need make sure the glass is NOT tempered.
Back to top Go down
plantedtankdude
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
plantedtankdude

Favorite Fish: : all of them along with mermaids and me I'm a Pisces.

PostSubject: Re: bulk heads and drilling a tank   bulk heads and drilling a tank Icon_minitime2/19/2012, 5:09 am

thanks, and I've seen 3/8... i'm just trying to keep from having to get a over flow.

here is reef central caculators

Using the following input parameters

Gallons per Hour = 300
Drain and Overflow sizes are calculated as

Recommended minimum drain pipe diameter = 0.72 inches
Recommended minimum linear overflow size = 5 inches
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: bulk heads and drilling a tank   bulk heads and drilling a tank Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

bulk heads and drilling a tank
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
UsaFishBox :: :: SaltWater Aquaria :: General Saltwater Disc.-
Jump to: