UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

pest anemones

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

pest anemones Empty
PostSubject: pest anemones   pest anemones Icon_minitime10/29/2009, 7:15 pm

this library article is going to be my simplest one yet lol! . ALL of the nems listed here are considered pests in the aquarium trade and should be terminated with extreme predjudice if found in your tank.

these are considered pests due to the way they grow rapidly adn can overtake and kill corals and other nems as well as an occasional fish.

so instead of a bunch of writing on this or even any water conditions (we dont care how to keep pests), i will instead post some pics of these pest anemone, so without further adue.

aiptasia, glass or rock anemone

pest anemones Aptasi10

and here is a link of how to get rid of them (pepperminet shrimp and sometimes copperband butterfly fish will also take care of them but i do not recommend the copperband butterfly for a means of aiptasia removal)

http://saltaquarium.about.com/cs/msubpestaiptasia/a/aa061903.htm

majano anemones

pest anemones Majano10

first i would like to thank marc levenson from melevsreef for taking a great pic of them as it is the best pic i have seen. as you can see these can be quite attractive in a tank but i would only recommend them for a species tank (strictly majanos as they are intrustive and can overgrow your tank just as aiptasia will.

these are easier to remove than an aitasia if you are careful in a sense. not only can you use the same techniques (with possible exception of pepperments and butterflies(i.e joes juice, lemon juice that work) the feet on these are thicker and if you use caution to may actually be able to mechanically or manually remove them (peeling them off)
Back to top Go down
John C.
Private
Private
John C.

Favorite Fish: : salmon tast soo good with butter and lemon.

pest anemones Empty
PostSubject: Re: pest anemones   pest anemones Icon_minitime11/21/2009, 9:00 pm

ok I have glass anemones in my over flow A LOT. I can reach down there and spcrap them out . but I'm not sure that would be a good idea I had 5 peppermint shrimp but I think this 6 inch bristtle worm ate the. I cought that basterd with tongs. I caped out till like 12 when he came out I grab him he was huge. I have a few of them in my tank but the stuff I uesed on them before aint work they grow back in the same place. I make sure to spray the cr@p out of them too. what should I do?
Back to top Go down
nitty
nitty

Favorite Fish: : Mine:
110gal. Eclectochromis Lobochilus Hertae
56gal. Neolamprologus Brichardi

pest anemones Empty
PostSubject: Re: pest anemones   pest anemones Icon_minitime11/21/2009, 9:12 pm

I USE A SYRINGE WITH LEMON JUICE. a really small dosage
Back to top Go down
John C.
Private
Private
John C.

pest anemones Empty
PostSubject: Re: pest anemones   pest anemones Icon_minitime11/21/2009, 10:05 pm

ok? what about the ones in my over flow? I can't see what i'm doing to spry them. I have been useing a syringe. also i have a mystrey wraase. if I were to get more peppermint shrimp do you think he would eat them? poop
Back to top Go down

pest anemones Empty
PostSubject: Re: pest anemones   pest anemones Icon_minitime11/22/2009, 8:57 am

i dont know if a mystery wrasse would eat the pepps or not, i have never had one myself. as far as the glass anemones (aiptasia) in your overflow try putting a pep in the overflow (do this after lights out when the wrasse is not in site) by doing this you will eliminate the variable of the wrasse even knowing they are even in the tank, and once they do their job you cna either try and put them in the tank or pas them along to the next person via the marketplace.
Back to top Go down
John C.
Private
Private
John C.

pest anemones Empty
PostSubject: Re: pest anemones   pest anemones Icon_minitime11/22/2009, 9:34 am

ok I'll try it and let you know the out come.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

pest anemones Empty
PostSubject: Re: pest anemones   pest anemones Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

pest anemones
Page 1 of 1